Executive Director Job Announcement
Download this description as a PDF
Status: Regular, full time, exempt position
Starting Salary: $90,000 - $100,000, plus contributions toward health insurance, vacation and retirement
About The Oregon Oral Health Coalition
Oral health is inseparable from overall health. Oral diseases affect what we eat, how we look, the way we communicate, and how we feel about ourselves. They also affect academic success and economic productivity by limiting our ability to learn, work and succeed. Oral diseases are almost entirely preventable, and the cost of prevention is far lower than the cost of treatment.
The Oregon Oral Health Coalition is a network of diverse member organizations and individuals who work to improve oral literacy and oral health access to all Oregonians, and expand the workforce capacity to achieve this coverage. The coalition recognizes the unique strengths of its members and harnesses them to achieve shared goals advancing oral health.
With a strong financial base, and the retirement of our current Executive Director, we’re looking for a new leader to work with the board of directors and take responsibility for expanding OrOHC as a membership organization, encompassing a membership base across all health communities in Oregon.
If you believe in the importance of oral health in supporting healthy communities, and you are inspired and energized by the opportunity to build and expand a vibrant membership organization, this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- A relationship builder who can “market” to, and recruit organizations to become dues-paying members of the Coalition, as well as work well with donors, staff, board, dental and general health partners.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and visionary, with the ability to think big, while also managing details.
- Organized, self-directed, and conscientious.
- A person who values diversity, equity, and inclusion—supporting our priority of serving marginalized communities and empowering them to help determine and share in the work of the coalition.
- Leadership experience in successfully building partnerships, coalitions or membership organizations.
- Proven ability to be the public face of a cause or organization, generating support, enthusiasm and momentum for that cause.
- Fundraising and development experience, some knowledge of foundations, grant-writing and interactions with major donors is helpful.
- Ability to convey passion and generate support for our mission.
- Experience in budgeting and financial oversight.
- Ability to mentor and bring forth the best in people you work with.
- Experience working with a board of directors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, oversee and complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year educational institution, advanced degree helpful.
- Experience in the health field may be an advantage, but is not required
The Oregon Oral Health Coalition values equity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds, abilities, and orientations to apply:
To apply, please include:
1. A compelling cover letter showing why you would be a good fit for this position.
2. A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment.
3. The names and contact information of four professional references.
4. How you heard about this position.
and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm PST.