- 90 minute No-Cost CME/CE training.
- Training for all providers and staff on how oral health preventive services can easily be integrated into your current practice.
- Provided in your office, on your schedule with refreshments.
- First Tooth patient services are reimbursable for Oregon Health Plan patients.
- Read the full First Tooth project description at the bottom of this page.
- The prevalence and impact of oral disease in children.
- How to do quick and easy risk assessments.
- How to have culturally appropriate discussions about oral health disease with your patient's parents.
- How to apply fluoride varnish in just a few seconds.
- How to easily and efficiently incorporate First Tooth into your workflow.
What First Tooth Provides:
- An initial supply of culturally appropriate handouts, exam/waiting room posters, and supplies at no cost.
- Tips that can be shared with parents and caregivers.
- Guidelines to help you refer children to a dental home.
- Ongoing support and technical assistance from the First Tooth staff on systems-based implementation, workflow and clinical instruction.
- 1,241 providers and staff trained (818 Medical and 423 Dental).
- Trainings have been held in 25 counties throughout Oregon.
- 97% satisfaction response rate.
Why is a First Tooth Training Valuable to Your Practice and Community?
- Early childhood caries (tooth decay), is the most common chronic disease of early childhood.
- Early childhood caries is five times more common than asthma and seven times more common than hay fever.
Risks If Left Untreated:
- Caries can be painful and can inhibit learning.
- Caries can interfere with a child's ability to eat well and healthy.
- Caries can affect a child's overall health and development.
Healthy Baby Teeth:
- Allow children to chew and eat properly.
- Help children speak more clearly.
- Guide adult teeth into place.
- Help to shape a baby's face.
- Keep future dental costs to a minimum.
Have You Already Been First Tooth Trained? Do You Need Help with Implementation? Do You Have New Employees?
- Oregon is better prepared to prevent early childhood caries.
- Prevention is becoming a primary source of wellness for all Oregon children.
- Dental, medical, and community providers are working together to coordinate care.
Technical Assistance & Workflow Implementation:
- Have you found a way to effectively implement oral health assessments?
- Have your referral relationships improved?
- We can offer you technical assistance and problem-solving help.
- We can provide additional culturally appropriate materials for parents and caregivers.
- Need more First Tooth materials such as handouts, flipbooks, and exam/waiting room posters? Click Here.
- We can schedule an onsite First Tooth follow-up training to ensure all of your staff are First Tooth trained.
- Did you know we offer an online training? It's a perfect way to educate new staff. Click Here.
Referrals - Let us know if any of your colleagues are interested in scheduling a First Tooth training - we'll do all the work to make it happen!
- Our goal is to have the entire state trained to implement First Tooth wellness prevention for all Oregon children.
- There isn't any area of the State that is too remote.
- We train all practitioners and staff who are interested in the health of children.
To learn more about First Tooth, Schedule a Training, or Technical Assistance: